With its soaring mountains, massive alpine lakes and beautiful rivers (including the starting point of the mighty Colorado), Grand County is a magnet for outdoor adventures. So to extend their appeal and increase market share with both families and niche audiences, the Grand County Colorado Tourism Bureau has partnered with Signature Advertising for more than 11 years to create a memorable campaign that sums up the area’s unique offerings.
What we did:
- Created a compelling brand and identity package to drive all promotional efforts. Focused on the active-oriented traveler, emphasized the abundance of outdoor recreation found for adventurers and families alike.
- Leveraged the power of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Designed and developed their website and mobile site.
- Directed and managed an online booking engine for Grand County lodging entities.
- Created a strategic media plan to extend their new brand message, and analyzed and optimized media placements.
- Content development and management used in email, website, social and content marketing.
- Oversaw lead generation program.
- Designed and managed mobile app.
- Statistical analysis.
How we rocked it:
- Increased website unique visits by 60% (2014 vs. 2013)
- Currently, the website is pacing ahead of last year by 64% in visitation and increased engagement.
- Significantly increased email engagement: open rate of 17% and click-through rate of 18%, both well above industry averages.
- Generated more than 44,000 click-thrus to local lodging properties with an integrated booking system (January to December 2014).
- Recipient of the Silver International Davey Awards 2011 (for “Get Your ING On” campaign)
- Marketing efforts resulted in a 12% increase in 2014 lodging tax revenue, and which is forecasted for its best collection in 9 years.
“Signature Advertising has been instrumental in helping the Grand County Colorado Tourism Board identify & promote its brand. Karen & her team [Signature’s team] has accomplished our goals of establishing our unique identity and implementing a successful media strategy for our Board and our marketing partners throughout our County.”
– Paul Lewis, Past President, Grand County Colorado Tourism Board